All students who plan to participate in fall sports at Burns High School (BHS) and Hines Middle School (HMS) will need to have the following forms completed and placed on file in the office of their school:
• Physical Examination Form (a physical is required every two years) — If a student’s physical is current, they will need to complete a medical history form.
• Insurance and Athletic Participation Consent Form — This form is consent for participation, authorization for medical treatment and verification of insurance.
• Student Athlete Drug Testing Consent Form.
• Extra Curricular Participation Policy agreement.
• IMPACT permission form for concussion baseline testing.
Forms may be picked up at the school offices. All forms must be turned in before athletes will be allowed to practice.
The first day of practice for high school athletics will be Monday, Aug. 22. The following times have been set for Monday’s practices for each sport:
FOOTBALL: Equipment check out — seniors, Monday, Aug. 15, at 4:30 p.m.; juniors, Tuesday, Aug. 16, at 4:30 p.m.; sophomores, Wednesday, Aug. 17, at 4:30 p.m.; freshmen, Thursday, Aug. 18, at 4:30 p.m.
First morning practice will be at 6 a.m. at the high school practice field. Evening practice will be at at 6 p.m.
Head coach: Dally Swindlehurst
VOLLEYBALL: Morning practice 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Evening practice 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Burns High School gym
Head coach: Paula Toney
CROSS COUNTRY: First practice at 4 p.m. Meet at the BHS baseball field.
Head coach: Erron Mertz
SOCCER: Morning practice time 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Evening practice 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Slater School field.
Head coach: Jodi McLean
CHEERLEADING: First practice at 5 p.m. Meet at BHS.
Coach: Julie Burri
These are times for the first Monday practice on Aug. 22. Coaches will inform the athletes of changes in practice times for the remainder of the week, if changes occur.
HMS athletes should be prepared to start practice on the first day of school, which is Monday, Aug. 29.
For more information, call Paula Toney, athletic/activities director at BHS 541-573-2044 ext. 224.